StyleTribute, the company behind StyleTribute.com (live in Oct'13) & KidzStyle.com (live in Feb'15), is a Singapore-based VC-funded start-up that aims at revolutionizing the second-hand fashion industry, combining the premium shopping experience and assortment of Net-a-porter with the convenience and user-friendliness of a marketplace solution like Airbnb.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and hands-on Head of Tech to lead the development of StyleTribute’s tech assets. The person in this role will own critical systems throughout the platform and be responsible for their performance.
You will be responsible in building an off-shore team of techs and leading the implementation amongst others, of new website/mobile features, building B2B APIs, building programs and tools for our in-house team, further improving our IOS application and developing an android application which is at the core of StyleTribute’s vision and which will revolutionize the 2nd hand market.
You will work closely with the Founder and CEO of StyleTribute as well as with the Head on Digital, helping the company to reach its next stage of growth.
Are you passionate about programming? Are you obsessed with solving problems and building things? Are you constantly thinking about new creative ways to solve a programmatic task?
And most importantly, are you looking to step up a role in your career, punching above your weight class, proving you can succeed in an extremely challenging role, with infinite career upside?
If the answer is 'YES', we want to hear from you.
· IMPROVE OUR IOS APPLICATION: Our Seller App is a native iOS app written in Objective C.
· DEVELOP OUR ANDROID APPLICATION
· DEVELOP B2B APIs: Further our goal of automating data exchange with our B2B partners.
· ENHANCE OUR B2C DESKTOP AND MOBILE INTERFACES
· IMPLEMENT TOOLS FOR OUR IN-HOUSE OPERATIONS: Designing systems and organizations that are scalable and maintainable, while putting in place agile processes agile processes that enable our teams to deliver high quality products on time.
· BUILD A CRM TOOL
· PROJECT & TEAM MANAGEMENT
– Oversee and coordinate the work of our Social Media Manager and Graphic designer
– Work alongside our Tech team to build new marketing tools, additional tracking integrations or new onsite SEO improvements
– Communication; managing expectations with business and product owners.
· SUPPORT DIGITAL MARKETING: Setting up trackers and A/B testing and helping out with SEO requests.
We are looking for an exceptional talent who aspires at being part of a revolutionary start-up. Someone that:
· Has a minimum of 3-4 years of working experience in a tech team of an online venture (ideally an eCommerce startup).
· You are a coder at heart. You like hard problems, but know how to keep things simple. You would love to do more coding yourself, but accept that you can bring most value by helping others excel.
· You have built large-scale applications with modern web frameworks (Java/Spring, PHP, AngularJS or React, NodeJS).
· You can deal with (and preferably limit) complexity.
· You are a fast thinker, hands-on manager and a strong communicator – you think and act like an entrepreneur.
· You know agile. Not just from books. You know how to do fast release cycles without compromising on quality.
· You possess not only top-notch tech skills, but also keen business skills honed through similar previous roles
· You are both a strategic as well as an operational leader; you can establish a clear tech vision and then lead it to fruition
· You are passionate about the latest stack; you have the full overview of the latest methodologies and innovations, and can choose the best to implement
· Can work independently with minimal supervision and a high level of proactivity
· Demonstrated success driving cross-functional initiatives to completion
· Has a can-do attitude
· Is a hard-working and driven person
· Is genuinely passionate about tech and start ups
- Amazon Web Services (Specifically EB, S3, Lambda, RDS, EC2, SQS)
- Continuous Deployment (we are using CircleCI)
- Development workflows with git
- Serverless Framework
- AngularJS (1.5)
- PHP, preferably Magento experience
· Opportunity to lead a fundamental function within the company
· Work hand-in-hand with our CEO
· Being able to directly impact the long term success and growth of the business
· Opportunity to grow long term in a highly ambitious and investors-backed company
· Unparalleled opportunity to gain top-notch marketing experience in one of today's hottest emerging markets and industries
· Work permit sponsorship for expatriates
· Flexible working environment and hours
· Competitive salary