MoneySmart helps you maximize your money by empowering you to make smarter financial decisions through our suite of useful tools and awesome content.
MoneySmart.sg is Singapore's #1 personal finance portal. We were voted the top 3 Startups Singaporeans want to work for in a recent CareerBuilder survey and are the top Fintech Startup in the list. http://www.hrmasia.com/content/revealed-top-start-ups-singaporeans-want-work
The company was founded in 2009 with the simple aim to help Singaporeans make better financial decisions.
With multiple banks and financial institutions pushing countless products out to consumers in the market today, navigating one's way through all the marketing and technical jargon while dodging the tactics of their overly pushy sales representatives simultaneously can be a major challenge, even for the experienced consumer.
By aggregating and consolidating product information to a single platform for comparison that's personalized to your unique consumer profile, we have put the power back into your hands. Whether it's your loan, insurance or credit card, we make information easy to understand and products easy to apply for – all in one place.
We are a market leader in Singapore and expanding fast in to the region.
Your mission is to lead a world class software development team within a genuine product culture of rapid testing and learning.
As a Senior Software Developer you will facilitate, mentor and enforce modern software development practices across all development teams. You will define, develop, test and deliver software products to the highest standards.
Respected as a mentor within the development team, you will assist your colleagues to reach their potential through coaching, guidance and patience. Your close alignment with the Product team will allow the business to rapidly innovate and experiment, and your architectural choices will represent current best practices with a view across the horizon at developing trends.
In a Nutshell
- Lead a regional team of software developers
- Execute to the highest standards across the entire software development lifecycle including feature planning and estimation, automated testing, development, deployment and user acceptance testing
- Expert on modern software development with a preference for Agile methods
- Deep understanding of the internet and the technology that powers it
- Accurate estimator who understands the complexities of a multi-skilled team
- Expert software developer with a passion for the web and its underlying technologies
- Strong analytical, business, project management, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, positive-thinking, team player, leader, problem-solver
- Entrepreneurial and commercially minded, highly creative, and able to innovate quickly
- Passion for data, testing, and building a world-class customer experience
- Team Player
- Empathetic and people-oriented
- Works hard
- Keen learner
- No politics
- “A" player
- Good educator
- Lead by example
- Self motivated
- Good prioritisation
- Accountable and responsible
- Opinionated but rational
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years software development experience, with a preference for Ruby and/or PHP
- 2+ years people leadership experience
- Strong advocate for automated software testing
- Knowledge of latest developments in software development
- Deep knowledge of web standards, design and usability