We are a higher education consulting firm that specializes in working with private colleges and universities to move them forward on the continuum from surviving to thriving. Through smart technology and data-driven strategies designed to lift up mission and embrace distinctions in the marketplace, private higher education can grow and thrive through any challenge.
We serve to customize, integrate projects across areas of higher education institution: enrollment, retention, branding & market research, student employability, executive search, and leadership development.
We believe in private higher education – in its lasting impact on lives, its ability to transform individuals and the world. We believe in lifting colleges higher – by developing holistic strategies; by seamlessly integrating practical tools to meet enrollment issues, and address branding concerns; while embracing traditions, history and culture. With a greater focus on commitment, the entire institution, environments can be transformed, positive lasting experiences created, people elevated, and results realized.
- Plans and executes all special events:
- Works with Event Manager and Director of Development to strategically develop and manage events and to determine goals and budgets for events.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Communications staff to promote events.
- Serves as primary staff liaison to event planning committees.
- To recruit, train and manage event volunteers; communicates responsibilities and expectations to volunteers and staff to ensure that they are effectively utilized.
- Grows events by following established models, motivating staff and volunteers and creating strategies to increase participation and revenues.
- Solicits sponsorships and in-kind donations for events.
- Meets or exceeds budget projections for events.
- Negotiates contracts with outside vendors, organizes logistics and visual experience and designs and produces event collateral.
- Additional responsibilities:
- Complies with all procedures, standards, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- experience in event planning strongly preferred
- Strong organizational, project, and time management skills to independently and collaboratively meet multiple deadlines in a fluid environment
- Excellent public speaking skills; ability to represent the organization with poise, confidence and professionalism
- Self-starter with keen strategic thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills to make timely and appropriate decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with diverse populations
- Flexibility and adaptability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships and teams
- Proven ability to recruit, train and motivate volunteers to achieve objectives
- Must have interest in and/or willingness to develop working knowledge about human capital development,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative
- Absolute commitment to confidentiality
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for the job
- Ability and willingness to travel locally as needed to perform job duties
- Possess valid driver’s license.