Monstar Lab is a software development company from Japan. We mostly provide Web, Mobile App and Business App development. As Monstar Lab group, we have been operating this business for the last 10 years and we have more than 500 clients from startups, SMEs and MNCs.
Our Core Business
Monstar Lab specializes in Digital Product design & development with focus on custom web & mobile development for Startups & Mid-Large size businesses. Currently our team consists of 550+ full time developers in 6 offices – Japan, China, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Bangladesh. In addition to our own in-house engineers, we also have 100+ development partners in 10 different countries standing by to assist our clients. Based on the project requirement, we handpick the most suitable development team for the project and manage the project. We already have delivered over 800 web/mobile software projects successfully in last 10 years.
We started expanding our business outside of Japan last year and have already established presence in US, Singapore, China and Bangladesh. We are looking to expand to more countries in the future.
About Singapore Operations – Monstar Lab Pte Ltd
We have incorporated Monstar Lab Pte Ltd (Singapore) in 2013 to grow our accounts within this region. Since our inception we have operated a very lean sales & operations team. As our business is growing rapidly in Singapore, we are looking to expand and hire talent who is willing to help and grow with us.
You will be required to develop end-to-end custom mobile applications and occasionally manage and work alongside some of our remote team of mobile developers in other Monstar Lab locations. You will be required to take ownership of entire project lifecycle to ensure every project is delivered on time, within the expected budget and meets the end customers requirements/specification. You job scope will also include all client facing communication and agile project management and reporting.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a unique individual to fill this position. If you don’t check all the boxes below then there is a very good chance that this position is not right position for you.
You MUST be:
Singapore Citizen or PR.
Someone who just loves to code.
Someone who likes to build things because it's fun.
Someone who is glued to the startup/tech ecosystem.
Someone who gets excited about WWDC / Google I/O Announcements.
Someone who understands and appreciates good design & UI/UX.
Someone who is a self starter and can take ownership in any situation.
Someone who can work under extreme pressure and can get things done.
Someone who is proactive and can work in both small & large team.
Someone who has the discipline to work with remote teams & resources.
Someone who is professional but friendly & fun to work with.
Someone who is always curious in nature and constantly learning new things.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables
- Analyse Requirements and create Software Requirement Specification etc
- Lay out the IOS/Android app UI/UX as per the design from PSD/Sketch file
- Code the core app with Objective C/Swift for IOS or Java for Android
- Work with IOS & Android SDK, APIs & various device sensors.
- Communication with clients and development teams
- Manage & Run Agile Projects & Team
Why Should You Apply?
Flexibility in Working Hours & Holidays
Cool Office space, Located centrally @ High Street
Attractive Salary, CPF & Performance Bonus
Great place to grow and learn new technologies
Option to travel & work overseas in the future – we currently operate in 6 countries.
In the future, you can build your own ideas & products in partnership with us.
How to Apply?
Please email your resume to: email@example.com
Please include a cover letter or just a plain email giving us a high level summary of your career/experience (both official and/or freelance experience)
Please include links/screenshots of apps that you have developed
Tell us what is your favourite mobile app at the moment and why
Tell us where do you see yourself in 5 years from now
- You must have at least 2-4 years of work experience in the related industry / position.
- You must have a few reference applications (IOS/Android) that you can mention in your cover letter / resume.
- You must be proficient in either IOS (Objective C/Swift), Android (Java) or both.
- You must know at least one Web front end or backend programming language well.
- You must be familiar and comfortable working with Restful Web services. Backend-as-a-service (BaaS). Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and all common third party APIs, Payment gateways etc.
- You must have knowledge of using different Mobile sensors (GPS, Accelerometers, Gyroscope, Camera, Microphone etc).
- You must be comfortable with Git/Version Control.
- You must be comfortable running Agile Projects & Team.
- You must be experienced in all Project Management tools such as: JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Asana Axosoft etc.
- You must have attention to detail. Infact why don’t you just go ahead and write the secret word – Diversity anywhere in your job application, email subject line, cover letter so that we know you have read this.
- You must be motivated enough to work at a startup company and grow with us.
- Since we have 6 offices, you must be open to travelling occasionally when required.