Who we are
We are a company with aspirations to build the most enjoyable browsing & shopping experience in the world. We are fashion enthusiasts, computer scientists, and innovators. Our team members track record includeserial entrepreneurs, veterans in the development community, industry thought leaders and have received recognitions such as Forbes 30 Under 30.
We work with local & international brands to bring their products to life – they include, Zalora, ASOS, Tobi, Fashion Valet, Boohoo, Cotton On and many others.
We are passionate about fashion, and about our users. We are motivated by providing the most enjoyable browsing & shopping experience to our users, personalised to each person.
At Shoppr, we practice flexible work arrangement in a results oriented work environment. Our team members enjoy a high level of autonomy and are empowered to make decisions and create impact. We cultivate growth, reward effort and celebrate achievements.
If you are entrepreneurial, passionate about what you do, like working in a family-like culture and loves taking challenges head on, then get in touch with us as we can't wait to meet you!
Shoppr is looking for a highly-motivated data scientist intern o join our team and support us in developing cutting edge trend and fashion indexing systems.
- Work in a multi-disciplined team where you’ll take full ownership of turning discoveries and ideas into machine learning models. You’ll use the model’s output to create and improve products for our customers, preferably in short development cycles
- Build, test and deploy machine learning models to combat fraud and other payment risk issues
- Research & development on how to improve fashion trends prediction around the world
Do you want to experience working in a fast-paced environment with new challenges every day? This is the place.
- Strong mathematical, statistical or actuarial background
- Must have hands on experience in machine learning, predictive analytics and statistical modelling
- Adept at problem solving using both textbook methods and novel viewpoints
- Proficiency in either R, Python, Matlab or other analytics/data mining package
- Knowledge of big data technologies and machine learning algorithms will be an advantage
- Preferably familiar with Big Data applications/solutions such as Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kibana and etc
- Preferably familiar with data visualization techniques using one or more packages such Tableau, Weka or D3 visualisation.