Impact Terra is a fast growing agricultural, financial and big-data technology company focused on social impact. We believe social impact and financial return are two requirements for sustainability. We use smartphones and our proprietary digital platform Golden Paddy to support millions of farmers, retailers, and other users in their daily business and information requirements. As Myanmar leapfrogged from no to full connectivity and nearly 100% smartphone use within 2.5 years, we believe the infrastructure is now available to deliver a solution.
Our FREE Golden Paddy digital platform consists of several channels, ranging from an Android app, mobile website and mobile data tools to a very popular Facebook page. The Golden Paddy platform provides specific and targeted content and advice to each of its users. The platform is independent and provides objective and exhaustive information and advice to its users. The Golden Paddy platform was launched mid-December 2016 and has grown within 5 months to a reach of more than 2 million farmers per month and users in more than 97% of all townships in Myanmar. We are now expanding our services, service levels and userbase across Myanmar and are soon launching the first wave of new markets in South-East Asia and subsequently in South Asia, East Africa and South America, changing the lives of millions of smallholder farmers.
Find more information on our website: www.impactterra.com
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working, social and structurally strong Junior Insights Executive. As Junior Insights Executive, you will be responsible for getting insights from our user base. You help us to better understand what farmers want and need, based on which we will improve our platform. Your tasks consist of doing research in the field, communicating with farmers, translating during interviews, translating written answers provided in interviews and workshops and entering this data Google Forms. An important part of the job is that you should be able to interpret what people say between the lines, truly understanding what farmers mean, need and want.
- Doing field research to better understand our user base
- Ensuring understanding of farmers by reading between the lines and asking follow-up questions
- Translate Burmese to English and English to Burmese during interviews
- Entering data and insights in Google Forms
- Contribute to team efforts by supporting other team members where needed
- Based on performance, responsibilities can be increased
- Experience in field research
- Graduated from a university
- Excellent writing, reading and comprehension skills in Burmese language
- Reasonable communication skills in English language
- Ability to translate accurately from English to Burmese and Burmese to English
- Good computer skills (e.g. Internet, Microsoft Office)
- Easy learner
- Well organized , capable to meet deadlines
- Team player