Impact Terra is a fast growing agricultural, financial and big-data technology company focused on social impact. We believe social impact and financial return are two requirements for sustainability. We use smartphones and our proprietary digital platform Golden Paddy to support millions of farmers, retailers, and other users in their daily business and information requirements. As Myanmar leapfrogged from no to full connectivity and nearly 100% smartphone use within 2.5 years, we believe the infrastructure is now available to deliver a solution.
Our FREE Golden Paddy digital platform consists of several channels, ranging from an Android app, mobile website and mobile data tools to a very popular Facebook page. The Golden Paddy platform provides specific and targeted content and advice to each of its users. The platform is independent and provides objective and exhaustive information and advice to its users. The Golden Paddy platform was launched mid-December 2016 and has grown within 5 months to a reach of more than 2 million farmers per month and users in more than 97% of all townships in Myanmar. We are now expanding our services, service levels and userbase across Myanmar and are soon launching the first wave of new markets in South-East Asia and subsequently in South Asia, East Africa and South America, changing the lives of millions of smallholder farmers.
Find more information on our website: www.impactterra.com
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working, social and structured strong Junior Content Executive. As Junior Content Executive you will be responsible for ensuring high quality content in Burmese language on our platform. Your tasks consist of translating content from English to Burmese and entering data and articles in Excel and in our Content Management System. You should have a passion for agribusiness and farming, a background in agribusiness is preferred. This function includes occasional traveling across Myanmar, meeting farmers in the field and uncovering problems they have in order to ensure the content is created that meets their needs, helping farmers to become more knowledgeable and independent.
- Ensuring high quality of content on our platform – according to the “Golden Paddy standard”
- Entering data and articles in Excel
- Entering data and articles in our Content Management System
- Translating English to Burmese
- Contribute to team efforts by supporting other team members where needed
- Based on performance, responsibilities can be increased
- Recently graduated from a university
- Excellent writing, reading and comprehension skills in Burmese language
- Reasonable communication skills in English language
- Ability to translate accurately from English to Burmese
- Good computer skills (e.g. internet, Microsoft Office)
- Easy learner
- Well organized, ability to meet deadlines
- Team player