Impact Terra is a fast growing agricultural, financial and big-data technology company focused on social impact. We believe social impact and financial return are two requirements for sustainability. We use smartphones and our proprietary digital platform Golden Paddy to support millions of farmers, retailers, and other users in their daily business and information requirements. As Myanmar leapfrogged from no to full connectivity and nearly 100% smartphone use within 2.5 years, we believe the infrastructure is now available to deliver a solution.
Our FREE Golden Paddy digital platform consists of several channels, ranging from an Android app, mobile website and mobile data tools to a very popular Facebook page. The Golden Paddy platform provides specific and targeted content and advice to each of its users. The platform is independent and provides objective and exhaustive information and advice to its users. The Golden Paddy platform was launched mid-December 2016 and has grown within 5 months to a reach of more than 2 million farmers per month and users in more than 97% of all townships in Myanmar. We are now expanding our services, service levels and userbase across Myanmar and are soon launching the first wave of new markets in South-East Asia and subsequently in South Asia, East Africa and South America, changing the lives of millions of smallholder farmers.
Find more information on our website: www.impactterra.com
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working and social Earth Observation (EO) expert. You will have the opportunity to directly impact the lives of around 14,000,000 Myanmar farmer households – over 28,000,000 people.
You will be responsible for the integration of Earth Observation (EO) data into the Golden Paddy Platform. You will work in a team of experts (agronomists, agro-mathematicians, agricultural economists and financial engineers) towards building a central model (the Golden Paddy Model) that provides precision farming advice to farmers.
You will be based from Yangon, Myanmar with possible regular travel within Myanmar, likely within South-East Asia and the Netherlands.
You will be responsible for the integration of EO data into the Golden Paddy Model. We expect you to be a professional with a no-nonsense, critical and constructive attitude.
- Perform literature review of Earth Observation data for agriculture
- Set up partnerships with international expert organizations on EO
- Be the communication channel with our main EO partner
- Assist in setting up the Golden Paddy Model
- Make sure the data insights we receive from our EO partner are compatible with the Golden Paddy Model
- Provide feedback on the data insights of our EO partner
Hard skills and experience
- Academic degree in aerospace engineering or similar
- Provable expertise in EO data
- Excellent grades in both Bachelor and Master (average 8.0+)
- Strong interest in mobile applications, earth observation, big-data, machine learning and other technologies
- Affinity with (mobile) technology
- Fluent in English language
- Strong drive and can-do mentality
- Cultural sensitive
- Very strong in analytics and structuring
- Getting hands dirty
- Intrinsic drive to get things done
- To the point and clear in communications