Impact Terra is a fast growing agricultural, financial and big-data technology company focused on social impact. We believe social impact and financial return are two requirements for sustainability. We use smartphones and our proprietary digital platform Golden Paddy to support millions of farmers, retailers, and other users in their daily business and information requirements. As Myanmar leapfrogged from no to full connectivity and nearly 100% smartphone use within 2.5 years, we believe the infrastructure is now available to deliver a solution.
Our FREE Golden Paddy digital platform consists of several channels, ranging from an Android app, mobile website and mobile data tools to a very popular Facebook page. The Golden Paddy platform provides specific and targeted content and advice to each of its users. The platform is independent and provides objective and exhaustive information and advice to its users. The Golden Paddy platform was launched mid-December 2016 and has grown within 5 months to a reach of more than 2 million farmers per month and users in more than 97% of all townships in Myanmar. We are now expanding our services, service levels and userbase across Myanmar and are soon launching the first wave of new markets in South-East Asia and subsequently in South Asia, East Africa and South America, changing the lives of millions of smallholder farmers.
Find more information on our website: www.impactterra.com
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working, social and technically strong Android application developer. As Android application developer you will be responsible for development and continuous optimization of our in-house applications. Therefore, you will work closely with our product team and Impact Terra’s management. You are required to pick up new skills if necessary, commit to project deadlines and able to work on tight schedule.
- Improve our existing Mobile Application Golden Paddy
- Update and develop new functionalities and features as per business requirements
- Define, develop and implement the latest technologies for enhancing the performance of our application
- Define, develop and implement add-on applications/tools to existing application as needed
- Integrate and implement third party tools and API as needed
- Understand crashes and error trend to propose long term solutions
Technical skills and experiences
- Excellent knowledge of Android application development
- Experience in working with selective caching and synchronization
- Experience in prototyping
- Previous experience of code management and versioning
- Experience in hybrid application development such as Cordova would be advantageous
- Preferred Excellent English proficiency
- Able to develop and self-manage given tasks
- Highly motivated to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- Well organized and able to prioritize deliverables in order to meet deadlines
- Team player
- Initiative and solution focused
- Able to view the system from users’ point of view