iflix is YOUR collection of TV shows & movies that you can stream or download, anywhere, anytime, on any device, on your terms for an incredibly low price.
Imagine being able to access a crazy huge selection of your favourite shows, THOUSANDS of hours or TV and movies from all over the globe. Shows from Hollywood and Hong Kong, Seoul and Shanghai, Thailand and Tokyo… And imagine being able to watch it whenever you want, wherever you want, 24/7 on your phone, laptop, tablet, TV…whatever…all for less than the price of a pirated DVD. That's iflix.
WE’RE A STANDOUT COMPANY AND WE DO THINGS A LITTLE DIFFERENTLY.
We keep it real. We speak from the heart. Our honesty shocks you at times and our cheekiness (not cheesiness) will tickle you.
We want to bring a world of endless storytelling to everyone who shares our passion for TV and movies.
We want to give our members instant access to a lifetime worth of entertainment no matter where they might be, or what they might be doing.
We want our members to feel that they're at the heart of everything we do, every single day.
We want our members to tell our story, not the other way around.
As a UX/UI Designer, you will research, wireframe, test and design the iflix experience across Android, iOS, Web and TV devices. You will help drive the more junior members of the UX Design team and report directly to the UX Lead.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL BE REQUIRED TO…..
- Create beautiful user interfaces using Sketch, showing proficiency in the use of symbols and plugins to maximise design efficiency.
- Demonstrate expertise in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for the occasional graphics and iconography work.
- Work with Invision and other prototyping tools in order to test and help communicate your ideas.
- Drive the more junior member of the UX Design team, help improve their skill level and ultimately the quality of their work.
- Report to and work with the UX Lead on a unified vision for the future of iflix.
- Execute a solid design process with the use of userflows, wireframes, prototypes, design and testing to take your designs from concept through to the final live product.
- Conduct customer testing and follow customer feedback frameworks closely to create better user experiences.
- Constantly exploring new technologies, design methodologies and staying up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies. Sharing of new practices to improve team performance.
- Keep design files and folder structure clean and very well organised. Use appropriate symbols from the iflix UI kit to keep designs consistent.
- Keep up to date with the latest in design trends and show a very good understanding of Material Design and Apple Design guidelines.
- A curious and creative design geek – Strong conceptualization and visual communication capability. High interest in building comprehensive but simple products and creating the best in class user interaction.
- Develops self and others – Always staying competitive by being up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies.
- Quality Freak – Desires to only produce the best, most user-friendly, simple yet comprehensive digital designs in the industry hands down.
- Critical thinking – Ability to translate client requirement, analyse into realistic solutions.
- Problem solving – Encourages team members to come up with solutions through analytical thinking and logical reasoning.
- Clear and constructive communication skills – Ability to convey information to people clearly and simply, in a way that means things are understood and get done. It's about transmitting and receiving messages clearly, and being able to read target audience, be it senior management, client, subordinates, team members or working partners from other Tech teams.
- Decision making – Analyses multiple solutions to a problem and is confident and comfortable with making decisions and informed risk taking with little to no guidance from immediate manager.
- Time management – Ability to manage multiple task and responsibility through workload delegation amongst team members to meet target datelines in a timely manner.
MEASUREMENT OF SUCCESS
- Consistently meeting deadlines with all work provided and communicated to dev in the correct channels.
- App ratings and general opinion on new features and user experience enhancements.
- Clean, neatly organised design files with an OCD attention to detail, using appropriate symbols from the UI Kit.
TICKING OFF MOST OF THE BELOW CHECK BOXES? GOOD – COME CHAT WITH US!
- Minimum 7-8 years of total working experience, with 1 year of team management / coaching experience.
- Minimum 5 years of UI and UX experience for software and applications that leverage on emerging technologies.
- Solid experience creating interfaces, large-scale digital experiences, or applications
- Experience with user interface design patterns, human interface/material guidelines and standard UCD methodologies
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development process, working within cross platform teams.Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in IT
If you like working on bean bags, hold meetings on indoor swings and play foosball during breaks, COME WORK WITH US!!! Shortlisted candidates will be contacted 🙂