iflix is YOUR collection of TV shows & movies that you can stream or download, anywhere, anytime, on any device, on your terms for an incredibly low price.
Imagine being able to access a crazy huge selection of your favourite shows, THOUSANDS of hours or TV and movies from all over the globe. Shows from Hollywood and Hong Kong, Seoul and Shanghai, Thailand and Tokyo… And imagine being able to watch it whenever you want, wherever you want, 24/7 on your phone, laptop, tablet, TV…whatever…all for less than the price of a pirated DVD. That's iflix.
WE’RE A STANDOUT COMPANY AND WE DO THINGS A LITTLE DIFFERENTLY.
We keep it real. We speak from the heart. Our honesty shocks you at times and our cheekiness (not cheesiness) will tickle you.
We want to bring a world of endless storytelling to everyone who shares our passion for TV and movies.
We want to give our members instant access to a lifetime worth of entertainment no matter where they might be, or what they might be doing.
We want our members to feel that they're at the heart of everything we do, every single day.
We want our members to tell our story, not the other way around.
Are you enthusiastic? Are you hungry to learn (or just hungry in general)? Do you love watching TV shows & movies? Are you highly organized, efficient, and meticulous? Well then… This is the place for you!
Production Engineering will empower engineering teams to build iflix services that can grow globally and run reliably and smoothly. Production Engineering’s mission is to protect and progress the delivery speed of engineers while caring deeply about availability, performance
IT'S MADNESS TO THINK THAT THIS IS YOUR ENTIRE ROLE SUMMED UP AND THAT'S BECAUSE IT AIN'T, BUT WE THOUGHT WE WOULD GET YOU STARTED...
- We are building to offer services on every continent and you will empower engineering teams in areas such as scale, reliability and growth of those services!
- Are you a problem solver? We are not perfect. Our tech can get better, our product can get better, we want people who know what ‘better’ looks like and understands that ‘better’ will forever be transforming.
- Problem solving is great but the ability to learn quickly is also important. At iflix, our product is constantly changing, our industry is constantly changing…our customers are constantly changing. We need people who can learn new technologies and apply them quickly to our unique business challenges.
- Production Engineers look after and own common services such as Events, A/B Testing, Feature Toggling and backend services such as Elasticsearch, Redshift, Postgres, Redis
- Alongside our software engineers, production engineers are on call and share responsibility in responding to incidents and working hard to enable our users to always watch iflix!
TICKING OFF MOST OF THE BELOW CHECK BOXES? GOOD – COME CHAT WITH US!
- You care and own problems and deliverables!
- Enjoy working in a fast pace environment, constantly challenging yourself
- Can focus through difficult situations and has a strong attention to detail
- Strong competency in one language – we prefer node.js and python, even if you don’t know these and you love to learn, we’d like to hear about others you know.
- You make engineers move faster – we love continuous integration / deployment
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Know your stuff and can code in one language really well
- Quick and eager to learn new languages and technology
- Understand all the parts of a modern scaling system (DNS, load balancing, redundancy, CDNs such as Akamai/CloudFront, Docker)
- Know a bunch of the common things such as DNS, SSH, HTTP, Linux, TCP
- You truly believe that the path to reaching millions of users is reliability, scale, monitoring, automation and performance.
- You have about 5 years of work experience, with 1 or 2 years in full stack