iflix is YOUR collection of TV shows & movies that you can stream or download, anywhere, anytime, on any device, on your terms for an incredibly low price.
Imagine being able to access a crazy huge selection of your favourite shows, THOUSANDS of hours or TV and movies from all over the globe. Shows from Hollywood and Hong Kong, Seoul and Shanghai, Thailand and Tokyo… And imagine being able to watch it whenever you want, wherever you want, 24/7 on your phone, laptop, tablet, TV…whatever…all for less than the price of a pirated DVD. That's iflix.
WE’RE A STANDOUT COMPANY AND WE DO THINGS A LITTLE DIFFERENTLY.
We keep it real. We speak from the heart. Our honesty shocks you at times and our cheekiness (not cheesiness) will tickle you.
We want to bring a world of endless storytelling to everyone who shares our passion for TV and movies.
We want to give our members instant access to a lifetime worth of entertainment no matter where they might be, or what they might be doing.
We want our members to feel that they're at the heart of everything we do, every single day.
We want our members to tell our story, not the other way around.
iflix is on the lookout for a AWESOME Senior Data Engineer to join our team in KL and support our amazing team of visionaries, disruptive geniuses, industry rebels and creative ninjas in building what will soon be the most engaging, and widely used entertainment platform on planet Earth.
You will help build our next level data platform – giving us great insight into how our business is running and delivering the detailed science and analytics to provide an engaging user experience.
You should have extensive and strong skillset working and designing modern data platforms including NoSQL and SQL tools such as Redshift, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto, Athena in a Big Data environment.
WE LIKE TO LOOK BEYOND JOB DESCRIPTIONS BUT THESE ARE THE KIND OF THINGS THAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO BE INVOLVED WITH…
- Architect and design the data platform to handle terabytes of user data and petabytes of event data
- Work closely with the Product Owners to prioritise workload and the strategic data plans and deliverables
- Drive efficient delivery around data engineering with continuous integration, Git, PRs and constructive code reviews
- Ensure our data is secure and protected and our business and our users privacy is strongly enforced.
- Actively encourage and participate in the team to help improve velocity and attend retrospectives for continual improvement.
- Collaborate with the data analytics and science teams to understand our customers' requests and apply data to build, innovate and improve the product and the business.
GREAT IF YOU CAN FIT THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW, BUT IF YOU ARE FUN, PASSIONATE AND EXCITING WE CAN OVERLOOK SOME OF THEM…
- Agile at heart – Effective implementation of agile methodology and cross-functional communication.
- Clear and constructive communicator – Ability to convey information to people clearly and simply, in a way that means things are understood and get done. It's about transmitting and receiving messages clearly, and being able to read target audiences, be it senior management, clients, subordinates, team members or working partners from other tech teams. Also be open to suggestions and take respect for others opinions.
- Decision maker – Analyses multiple solutions to a problem and is confident and comfortable with making decisions and informed risk taking with little to no guidance from immediate manager.
- Leader – Ability to lead and provide guidance to product owners and team involved in the development of the data platform.
- Outcome driven – Embraces the company's vision and works closely with the Data and Product teams to achieve these objectives and outcomes.
- Time management – Ability to manage multiple task and responsibility through workload delegation amongst team members to meet target datelines in a timely manner.
- Develop self and others – Always staying competitive by being up to date with the latest soft and technical skills and being able to mentor others while learning from others.
- Experience – Close to 10 years relevant working experience in data engineering.
You can recognize an iflix person a mile away. We’re a little different: we color outside of the lines, we march to the beat of our own drum, we move freely and a little faster than the crowd.