iflix is YOUR collection of TV shows & movies that you can stream or download, anywhere, anytime, on any device, on your terms for an incredibly low price.
Imagine being able to access a crazy huge selection of your favourite shows, THOUSANDS of hours or TV and movies from all over the globe. Shows from Hollywood and Hong Kong, Seoul and Shanghai, Thailand and Tokyo… And imagine being able to watch it whenever you want, wherever you want, 24/7 on your phone, laptop, tablet, TV…whatever…all for less than the price of a pirated DVD. That's iflix.
WE’RE A STANDOUT COMPANY AND WE DO THINGS A LITTLE DIFFERENTLY.
We keep it real. We speak from the heart. Our honesty shocks you at times and our cheekiness (not cheesiness) will tickle you.
We want to bring a world of endless storytelling to everyone who shares our passion for TV and movies.
We want to give our members instant access to a lifetime worth of entertainment no matter where they might be, or what they might be doing.
We want our members to feel that they're at the heart of everything we do, every single day.
We want our members to tell our story, not the other way around.
iflix is rapidly expanding our amazing team and we’re looking for out-of-this world engineers, to contribute to the building of what will soon be the most engaging, and widely used entertainment platform on planet Earth.
We work on problems of scale that few other companies have faced, processing terabytes of content in a parallel processing platform that we developed.
Deliver content across 3 contents (and growing) to millions of users that expect nothing less than near perfect quality.
WE LIKE TO LOOK BEYOND JOB DESCRIPTIONS. WE ARE NOT SPECIFIC ABOUT SKILLS AND PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES, WE WANT PEOPLE WHO CAN MAKE US BETTER…
• Do you have the ability to look at what we do and improve the way we do it? We don’t want to tell you what to do, we want YOU to tell us what to do!
• Problem solving is great but the ability to learn quickly is also important. At iflix, our product is constantly changing, our industry is constantly changing…our customers are constantly changing. We need people who can learn new technologies and apply them quickly to our unique business challenges.
• We love people with a diverse background, who have moved around, been in different companies, varied industries and multiple countries. These types of people have seen that there are different ways to do things and many ways to solve one problem.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU FIT THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW BUT IF YOU ARE FUN, PASSIONATE AND EXCITING WE CAN OVERLOOK SOME OF THEM…
• At least 5+ years of experience building and developing amazing technology platforms with global reach
• You have experience in managing a team of highly motivated and very talented engineers
• CDN and content delivery are things you had for breakfast everyday
THESE ARE THE SORTS OF THINGS WE DO AS A TEAM ON A DAY-TO-DAY BASIS…
• Work with video and audio technologies, codecs and ffmpeg
• Test and improve video/audio encoding to get the best quality with lowest bandwidth
• Using AWS and other cloud providers effectively
• Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
• Very familiar with streaming protocols (HLS, MPEG-Dash, Smoothstreaming, etc)
• Understand the peculiar problems of live streaming and how to solve them
• Good knowledge of Digital Rights Management (DRM) and implementation of security and content protection
The pace and size of what you will be building is unparalleled, and your ability to make your unique mark in this high-profile arena will be passionately encouraged.
You will be part of the global technology team with respective responsibilities and opportunities to significantly influence tech practices of the company. You will also have the opportunity to learn from a team of highly successful and experienced tech leaders.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you immediately.
Drop everything and apply…now!