TransferFriend is a FinTech startup based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Out of 600 million people in ASEAN, 73% are unbanked. Money transfers are a driving force for many economies and relate to efficiencies of service providers. Financial literacy is poor and not a much-discussed topic when household income is low.
The Finance Industry is the least trusted in the world today (Edelman, 2017).
TransferFriend offers easy, safe and up to 85% cheaper international money transfers. We believe this industry needs a radically different way to build relationships and trust. Our mission is to offer the best money transfer service with inspirational financial education.
We are a team of young and energetic doers who are unafraid of big and demanding challenges. Backed by capable angel investors and surrounded by industry veteran advisors, we aim to significantly change the ASEAN money transfer market.
TransferFriend’s mission is to significantly reduce the cost of cross-border money transfers, remittances and educate people on money matters in ASEAN. With the rapid growth of our team, we are looking for a capable assistant and office manager.
The Personal Assistant will be experienced in handling a wide range of administration and executive support related tasks, and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. They must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting the managing director, and their direct reports and teams as required.
Your tasks will include, but might not be limited to:
- Daily office management and related tasks
- Bring harmony to the founders' lives and diaries
- Screening telephone calls and handling enquiries
- Managing our new recruits, and our company culture
- Facilitate healthy habits, giving a warm welcome to office guests
- Booking meetings, international travel, sorting out their post and expenses etc.
- Organising and updating office related systems (Google Drive, Slack)
- Carrying out background research for the board and presenting findings when necessary
- Using spreadsheets, email, phone and other mobile/online apps to make sure everyone knows the latest with the company
- Manage all matters with regards to expatriate, including work permit and income tax
- Assisting with recruitment related tasks
- Take on some of the manager's responsibilities
- Being involved in decision-making processes
- Writing meeting minutes when needed
- Answering phone calls and being the best possible representation for our company
- Candidates between 23-35 years old are encouraged to apply, as our team is young
- Position is available to start immediately
Attitudes you would need to have and cultivate:
- Attention to detail
- You get things done
- You have a mature character
- A calm and professional manner
- You're able to multitask and prioritize
- You're discreet, kind and polite towards others
- Willing to work long hours and weekends if necessary
- Self-motivated and with high degree of confidentiality
- You're flexible in arrangements, understanding that priorities might change in an instant
- Meet tight schedules, work independently and committed with a strong sense of urgency
- Someone who puts on a smile, no matter how difficult the day has been
Skills you would need to possess:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent computer and administration skills
- A very charming phone manner and fun loving
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- You have excellent English writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of Chinese and Bahasa Malaysia is an advantage
- Tact and discretion, for dealing with confidential information
- You have minimally 3 years’ experience in assisting executives and administration
- Knowledge of working with Mac is an advantage