ThunderQuote is a business-to-business (B2B) services marketplace-platform that connects business buyers to the right vendors for anything they need done.
We help businesses – ranging from freelancers to small businesses and large corporations alike grow and thrive by making the initial link-ups which are often difficult and time-consuming in the highly opaque and complex B2B environment.
Join our team to build a simpler business world where everything a business owner to an office worker may need is easily found in one place – ThunderQuote.
As a young start-up, we have a fast-paced environment where every team member makes a significant and visible impact. Within the past year, we have grown rapidly to $7.4 million in contract volume on our platform. We believe that anything can be achieved with the right attitude: determination, an open mind and continual learning.
Being lean and technology-driven, we believe in automating non-customer value-add activities with every team members actively making key decisions based on data and improving systems and processes instead of being caught up in daily grind of activities.
As a Web Design Intern, you will be a key member of the Tech team and a crucial component of driving ThunderQuote’s continual growth.
You will be engaging with the core product development and working with the development team in executing front-end implementation for features development and platform upgrades as well as on-going improvements to ensure user-centric design and improve the user interface and experience on our ThunderQuote platform.
Here are some ways you will be working together with us at Thunderquote:
- Assisting in core product development
- Testing and implementation of UI/UX elements and design to improve overall customer experience on our platform.
- Optimise existing code base.
- Develop and implement UI for upcoming new features on our platform.
So… what does it take to get this role?
- Understanding of WordPress and/or PHP/mySQL scripting functions.
- Understand how utilise CSS3 and HTML5 to implement design elements
- Good Design sense. Prior experience in website / web app design a plus.
- Prior experience in working on a single page HTML5 application a bonus.
- Willingness to execute and learn
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Must be meticulous and provide well-documented code
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changes
- Must be available at least 5 months of full-time internship
- Understand how to develop and implement AJAX call functions to a PHP based server backend.